Thursday, November 18, 2010

Carson an 11 year old Scout

Carson has been working very hard to get his Tenderfoot, second class, and First class done before he turns twelve years old. He was just lacking his swimming and on November 13th his scout troop went to Blackfoot and asked if I would go along and help clear the pool as the boys took their BSA test.
Carson had to swim 100 feet, swim another 25 feet doing certain strokes, rescue a drowning victim, and demonstrate how to save people. There is more but I can't remember them all. Here he is swimming the 25 ft. swim.

Carlos came with us to Blackfoot because he wanted to swim too. Carson was great to play with him for a bit after he passed his test.


Carson posing for me in his uniform. He will get three patches at a Court of Honor (the dates have not been set yet). We are hoping it will be around Christmas so some of his aunts and uncles will be here to see it. I'm proud of Carson and his love for scouting. He does this on his own, of course I let him know how important it is and remind him of his scout meetings.

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

great job carson! very impressive. :)
jody

Terry and Gail said...

It is so nice to see that he has learned to love to be active. That is how everyone should be. We should all have the desire and the ability to be wiggly. I am glad that he has both. It would be so sad not to have to ability. I am excited at how hard he works at scouts. He does a great job. He looks good in his uniform shirt. Let me know when the couts of honor are. Love, Mom