Saturday, May 30, 2009

Scary Morning


I don't have any pictures because I'm the one who is always shooting the pictures. But Friday morning I got up and was feeling fine. A bit worn out, but who isn't as an on the go mom. I went to my job and was cleaning and kind of felt funny but thought nothing of it. I got to cleaning and was finished with the upstairs and putting the mop and broom up and had sprayed and dusted the basement when all of a sudden my arms started to go numb (like when your hands or foot fall asleep...that feeling) and paralyzed. I called my mom and told her I needed help and then I began to get dizzy and my face started to go numb. I guess I was breathing fast and they tried to calm me down.
My mom took me to the hospital and they checked me out. I was dehydrated and thought to be low on calcium and maybe having appendix problems. Took some tests but all is fine. A freaky day and then I sleep the rest of the day. In an out when family would come into the room. I guess as a mom we try to do everything and just keep going and hope we can make it through the day and when our head hits the pillow we are out until the alarm or a child wakes us up. Onward I will go doing what I do best. Keeping up with the kids, keeping up with my husband, keeping up with the house, keeping up with the year. and trying to keep up with my expectations. WOW!!!! maybe I do need to slow down. I just don't want to miss anything. Do any of you ever feel that way? Getting better but already in the swing of things again. Washing clothes, cleaning and picking up the house and then off to my husband tournament game. Busy as usual. That's just the way I am. Running or jump roping to everything.

3 comments:

Debi said...

I am glad that you are ok MIchelle. But take it from me....you need to take it easy. Life is funner when you don't feel all the stress of having to keep up with life all the time. Life won't end if you accomplish nothing one day a week. I swear! I accomplish nothing several days a week. Sometimes I think, I should be doing more. But then I remember how I felt when I was doing more and I decide it is much better not doing more. I love hanging out with Loni and Ada. I love feeling happy and not so stressed out. You should try it. It is a blast! LOve you Debi

Terry and Gail said...

You take it easy, You are worth much in my book and I would like to have been there to support you. That is when our families are most important to us. We need the suport to make it through situations like this. I had similar to what you did and it was not fun. I was in the hospital 6 hours and I was about to die or at least I felt like it.Michelle you do way to much by your self. It is not easy being a Mom. I think a lot of it comes from worry, stress and a few other things. I think I got too stressed out and that is not healthy. I cried a few tears for you and I got on my knees and thanked Heavenly Father for a special daughter. He knows what you do and you will get your reward no matter what else happens in life. You are doing what is most important in this life and that is caring for your children and raising them like Heavenly Father has asked us too. You at the top of my list and I love you so much. You make sure you rest and take it a little easy. You are doing too much and your kids need you healthy. I will be home in a few weeks. I only have 1 1/2 weeks left. I have completed all my assignments, both written and oral. I have two more tests to complete and I will be on easy street. I love you Michelle, Dad

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

we are all glad that you are recovering. a little scary though! its never fun when your body doesn't work like it supposed to. i agree with debi. even though its hard to follow her advice sometimes, i think it does help make you less stressed. we love you.
jody