Monday, July 11, 2011

My (Michelle's) 36th Birthday

For my birthday I received some perfume, fire pit, money, a journal, and lots of notes. It was a good day but a quiet one at that because my birthday was on Sunday. My mom and dad had me and the kids over for dinner on Saturday and we had a great visit and played games. It was a great birthday with all the jokes and then some.

Juan and the kids telling me to go away so they can finish decorating my birthday cake. It was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Juan and I made it together. It had a great surprise on it as you will see in the picture below.



Don't I look happy to turn 36? The kids and Juan couldn't find a 3 but we had a 6 so they improvised making a 40 - 4= 36. Yah! that went over well. But in all fun I will be used to seeing a 40 on a cake and so turning 40 won't be so bad. I can't believe I'm getting that old. It goes by too fast. I was just 21 yesterday.

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

yeah, seeing that 40 is sad! we are getting old and i am getting wrinkles. no fun! glad it was a happy day!
jody

Terry and Gail said...

I feel just like you, Michelle... I was 21 just yesterday. I can't believe how fast time is going. I am always on the move and always busy doing something and yet I never get caught up. I guess I should just give up. That is a good philosophy though, since the 40 has already been on your cake you will be used to it. They should do it that way every year and it will be so gradual you won't even know it happened. Love, Mom