Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween 2012

Carlos came to me one day and said this is what I want to be for Halloween. Really? YES! OKAY, here it is. What a sense of humor this kid has. At first he was embarrassed to be in his costume but later was so proud of it. WHY? He won first prize in the children's costume  contest. I guess that would make me proud too.

 Carlos as Nacho Libre.
 Carlos acting like Nacho Libre and doing a great job. I made the cape, mask, underwear, and part of the pants. The socks are Michaela's Highland baseball socks and part of the pants were bought at Walmart. Total cost of the costume, about $13.00.
 We have a tradition to carve pumpkins every weekend or Monday before Halloween. This tradition was started by my mom and we love it. This year we all had to carve and we all had great pumpkins to do so. Juans' pumpkin is from a police officer that Juan works with (He is also making Carson deer into jerky) My pumpkin is from our garden. The kid's pumpkins are presents from Carlos's friend, Kellen Merica.
 Juan's pumpkin is the BIG guy, Mine is the owl, Carlos's is the cyclops, Michaela's is the crown and the transformer sign (she had a date and this is what they did besides just hang out)
 Here is Carson's. It started as a alien Einstein but was transformed into an evil Halloween clown.
 Juan's close up on his pumpkin.
Carlos and his great pumpkin. He loves Halloween and I sometimes forget he is still full of imagination. Where Michaela and Carson are acting so grown up I have to remind myself that Carlos need to have fun still.

3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

love all of the pumpkins! everyone did great. next year i want to try scraping like juan did. i think it looks so cool. you did great on carlos' costume. i glad he got over being embarrassed and won the contest! i love it!
jody

Terry and Gail said...

Yes... I agree with Jody. All the pumpkins are great. I love Carlos being young and imaginative. You said it funny, though, and maybe truly, too... you said that he still needs to have fun which kind of implies that Michaela and Carson don't need to have fun... and I kind of agree... little kids really know how to have fun and teenagers have a tendency to forget how to have simple fun. That is what is so good about remaining childlike. It is healthier but hard to maintain. But the pumpkins seem to show that Carson, Michaela, Daddy and Mommy know still how to have simple kid fun. Love, Mom

Debi said...

Awesome pumpkins! I wish we could have come and carved ours with you guys. I miss seeing things like this in person and come to visit. I hope summer is here soon! Love you Debi