Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Highland Soccer Season Comes To An End

This year Carson played Highland Soccer. He made the Varsity team and also was allowed to play for the JV team. He had a great time and enjoyed all the boys on his team. Here are some of the last pictures I took. It was cold at some and great weather at others. It was also some $300 cheaper, if you can believe that.
 
Carson playing at his last game which was at a district game. They only had one and lost but he had a great time. Next year should be better. The team loses nine seniors but the JV team did quite well.
Can you spot Carson?.......The ball is his head. If you paid me I could not of gotten this for a million dollars but here it is because I was trying to get his face.
Carson in some great action shots. He was a great leader and liked being with the older boys. They were quite good examples.
Carson kicking a corner kick. He actually had an assist as one of his teammates kicked it in.
The end of the corner kick. I like the muscles and how he puts everything he has into the game.
Carson on the move and some good body to body.
Another corner but look, He is not touching the ground at all. I guess He can fly.
I love this picture because Carson has the biggest smile and it is all natural. It's hard to get this smile to come into view. This is how I knew Carson enjoyed soccer this year as a Highland Ram.
Carson waiting to be put in at a game. It was raining and I liked the angle I took this shot at.
The goalie of the Varsity team got injured pretty bad at one of their games so he played with the JV a lot. This is how he played for the last 3 weeks. He had two broken fingers and a hurt back. Don't you like his mittens.
The season was very physical. The ambulance is here for a boy that played with Carson on his traveling soccer team. He dislocated his knee and pulled ligaments too. The game was canceled and we never did make it up. I've heard he is doing better but doesn't know if he will be able to play soccer anymore.
Carson made a penalty shot too this year to score his first goal in high school. It was pretty exciting. It was a beautiful kick and he is not cursed by the crossbar. YEAH!

2 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

This is a really good post, Michelle. I love the ball in front of his face picture. Yeah... you could never plan that. The corner kick picture when he is in white does show some of his power and the one when he is in the red and up in the hair is so cool. I do love that smile... I wish he would share that more often. But whenever he does show it to me for some reason I know I have earned it. Love, Mom

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

glad he enjoyed it and great pics. i wonder if he'll play in college. it would be a great scholarship opportunity anyway.