Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Steelers Football Comes To A Close

Carlos played Tackle football for the first time this year. He enjoyed it but yet didn't enjoy it. This year was a bit rough as he played positions he never played last year in flag football. He missed running and catching the ball this year but enjoyed being the punter.
Here Carlos is waiting for the snap. He played safety and corner. He played other places but I can't remember their names.
Carlos running along side a kid.
Carlos punting for. He did quite well and loved to see how far he could get it to go.
The sign we paid for so the kids could run through it like the Pros do.
Carlos getting ready to Punt.
Carlos being Carlos. He waved at us and was always looking to see if we were watching.

He is a great kid and very thoughtful. This was a hard year with coaches and not much positive reinforcement. Carlos was told he needed to work harder and he told me he was. At the beginning of the season he weighed 77 pounds and when the season finished, which was about 6 weeks later, he had lost 15 pounds. He now weighs 62 pounds. Do you think he worked hard? Like my mom says, "Men and their sports."

2 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Maybe you should tell the coaches how hard he worked... I would like to punch two of them for sure... I am not sure about the Christiansen guy or Jaxon's dad... I think they were fine... but the other two made me mad as a hornet. No better kid than Carlos and they didn't use it to their advantage. He did look good in the uniform and he is a good punter. I guess if he played tackle football for high school I would be okay with it if he was the punter... but I think coaches just break boys and men in tackle because of their egos. It is ridiculous. Good post, Michelle. Love, Mom

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

coaches can ruin the sport for some kids. hopefully that won't be the case of carlos again. but hopefully he had some fun!
jody