Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First real semester back at ISU

Can you guess who I had to draw for my first Elementary art class?
We had to make up a story about anything. We could use fairy tales and I chose to tell the story about my candy bet and how it came to be and how I am now. All my art told a story about myself or family. It was a great class.

We had just returned from spring break and can you tell where my heart wanted to be still?


A picture of piece of a yellow rose. We had to cut the picture out and paint with acrylic paint what we saw. Being so close to your project we all thought our pictures looked horrible till we took a few steps back and we were all impressed with how our pictures turned out.


It was sculpting day and our professor just gave us a block or clay and told us to sculpt. WHAT? What was I going to sculpt? We all sat for awhile and I started sketching ideas and thinking with my pencil and this is what I came up with. We had to let the clay dry and the next class period we got to paint. It was great and my professor said I sure have a knack for art.

One of our last assignments was to make bark paintings. This is one of them. We had to paint things from the 4 seasons. I liked this the best and the others were okay. I like how the pumpkins are at different stages, color, and heights.
I did well with my first semester back at ISU. I would not recommend being a full time mom, a full time employee, a full time student, a full time wife, a full time PTA acting President, or a full time volunteer all at the same time. It was rough and I am glad ISU school is done and I can concentrate on just being a mom and wife soon. I have registered to go back to ISU but thinking that I will do much less. Juan also graduates this week on Saturday, May 8 and has been asked to go on to graduate school. He has taken the invitation and will be in graduate school next semester. Again 2 in college and two who are too busy already trying to better our children's future is priceless.

2 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Your goals make me want to take a long nap... I loved all of your art. You really did a good job. I am proud of you for trying so hard and for just plugging along. You are a good little artist. Your teacher had to be a fun lady to have teach such a such topic. Love, Mom

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

sometimes school can be fun! i would love to have art projects for homework. i don't think i had that opportunity in college. great job for getting back in school and balancing it all. i don't know how you do it!! amazing!!!
jody