Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gardening with Carlos

Carlos planing more items. I ran to get the camera so we can continue to document them helping and have some pictures for their journals over the summer I am having each kid do to keep up their writing skills and computer skills. Their brains only have to work for about an hour a day but the jobs are important to me. Read, write, math, a cleaning area, pray, scripture read, and any extra they feel inclined to do. Summer is so worth the fun and effert.

Carlos was the only kid who wanted to help me plant the garden. He helped me plant everything plus some. We planted lettuce, beans, cilantro, pumkin, watermelon, tomatoe, zuccini, and much more. It was about one of the first real good days we had and not freezing cold.

3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

love my not-so--little carlito! i wish i could plant a fabulous garden. we just have one patio tomato plant. i guess its something though. good luck with yours.
jody

Debi said...

Wow! Look at all the posts! I loved them all. Thanks for posting them all. Jon is tall! I haven't seen him in a long time. My zucchini didn't do so well. I am still waiting on my tomatoes. I have good lettuce and spinach. Peas came and went already. Not enough of those, next time I plant more. Carrots will eventually be ready too. Yummy. Michaela looks great in her ball pictures. You are kept very busy with all the games. I have a while before I have to do that. Loni won't do any sports yet.

Terry and Gail said...

Yes... as Jody says, they don't come any better than Carlos. I should have been better about having you guys help me with the garden. I was young and more agile and able to keep up then and gardening I did completely for pleasure... now and need help and everyone is long gone. typical, my timing is always off. Love, Mom