Thursday, October 6, 2011

Canning and More CANNING

Peach Jam

Applesauce

Grape Juice (White and purple)



Peaches with a few left over grapes juice jars.


Last year, I did a lot of canning because people Juan knew were giving him fruits and lots of it. I didn't mind the canning because I had more time. But now that I am busy working, going to college, and trying to keep my home and children happy, I have no time to even sit down for no reason what so-ever. My peach tree produced over 4 buckets of peaches, Juan picked over 5 walmart bags of grapes at a friend of his and he also went to pick apples at an older couples house he used to mow lawns for. He was busy and I was busy trying to can the fruit so it didn't go to waste. The kids love peaches, the grape juice I made last year so again we canned those. The peaches took forever because we had so many but the grapes were a breeze. The apple sauce took some time too but the reward is in its great fresh, no preservative taste. Love the finished products. Thanks Juan for all you hard work and helping me get it all done. He did most of the hard work for me. Love you!

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

lucky! i wish i knew how to do that. i should learn from you and juan. but i'll wait until i actually have space to put the canned goods! all of it looks yummy!
jody

Terry and Gail said...

Yes, I agree with Jody... all your canned good look great and I admire you for working in so much with your life and Juan helping was stellar!!! Love, Mom