Monday, October 10, 2011

Scout and College Service Hours

Carson and I both needed to get some service hours in for scouts and a college class I am taking. We decided to help at the Ellis Carnival and run a booth. We volunteered for 2 1/2 hours and Carson had a blast. Of course, I let him go have some fun too and he enjoyed being the "grown up" at the event.
Carson handing out pop (soda) to children who won them from the ring toss.



Carson collecting the rings after someone had thrown them at ring toss.


Carson watching as a child throws his rings to try to win a drink. If you rang more than one drink you got to chose which drink you wanted and if you didn't ring any you won a candy. It was a fun evening and worth our volunteer hours.

2 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Carson is such a cute young man. I hope he doesn't mind me saying that. I love the nice sunny day... I am going to miss those days. Did you take some pictures of Michaela helping at the carnival or you couldn't get over to her because you were busy the whole time?

Debi said...

Good posts. I was way behind. Nice job on all the canning. I wish I knew and did that sometimes. One day I will try. Michaelas party looked fun as did the carnival. I don't volunteer much at those things since I usually have 2 little ones. One day. Love ya Debi