Thursday, August 27, 2009

Carlos "got" a new bike.

Carlos as everyone knows is a growing like a weed. He is now only 2 inches shorter than Carson and his leggs are just too big for he old bike. I didn't want to go to the store and purchase a new bike as I just spent money for new clothes for school, new backpacks, and new shoes. Who knew shoes were so expensive. In the garage we had a perfectly nice bike but it was baby blue with floers and pink handle bars and pink paddles and pink chain protector. So what does this Mom do.....Sand and sand and sand, spray and spray and spray and this is what the bike turned out to become.........

What do you think about Carlos' new bike. I'm pretty proud of myself and it only took two days because I had to let the coats of paint dry but it only cost me about $10.
Carlos loves his new bike. He put some of Carson's peggs on it and now the bike fits him.

3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

good job michelle! so who's old bike was it? maybe you should go crazy and stencil his name on it or add flames! :)
jody

Terry and Gail said...

You always amaze me what you take it into your mind to do. I know Carlos appreciates it. He told me about his new bike the other day. He merely mentioned that it got painted. I am sure he did not understand just how much it took to get it all ready. Still, he is happy and grateful. Good boy...good Mom. Love, Grandma (Ps...I think it looks really good. I need to see it up close though. Tomorrow at Michaela's bday barbecue.)

Shawna said...

Wow that is crazy! Nice job on the bike. . . would have never guessed it didn't always look like that!